Print Bookmark

All Media


Matches 101 to 150 of 326     » Thumbnails Only

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
101
Company K, 148th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
Company K, 148th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
Union Army, The Civil War 
 
102
Concord Presbyterian Church, Perry Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Concord Presbyterian Church, Perry Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Centennial Celebration June 24, 1908 
 
103
Connell McCall Sewart
Connell McCall Sewart
 
 
104
County Donegal, Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland
In 1611 Sir William Stewart built Fort Stewart as a defence along the shores of Lough Swilly. When another planter Sir Richard Hansard moved to Lifford, Stewart acquired Hansard's Ramelton estates.

In 1623 he was made a baronet and granted the castle of Ramelton, becoming the biggest landowner in the town. He also gained valuable fishing rights on Lough Swilly.

Donegal had become a county in 1585, and Sir William Stewart was one of the county's three members of parliament during the period 1613-15 and again in 1634. He is also credited with building part of Letterkenny town, and with the formation of the "Lagganeers" or Laggan army: this force were victorious at the battle of Glenmaquin, defeating Sir Phelim O?Neill in 1641. The Stewarts of Ramelton are buried in their family vault at Killydonnell Franciscan Friary, between Letterkenny and Ramelton.

 
 
105
County Donegal, Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland
This is the Stewart Grotto behind the Killydonnell Friary. The Friary was founded in 1471 by the O'Donnells for the Franciscan Friars on the site of an older church erected by the O'Tonners. The bilding and lands were granted at the Planation, in 1603, to Captain Basil Brooke. 
 
106
County Donegal, Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland
Lough Swilly behind the third old house at Ramelton. 
 
107
County Donegal, Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland
The bridge at Ramelton.

See Stewart Caveat for rendering of the bridge around 1609 to 1622. 
 
108
County Donegal, Ireland
County Donegal, Ireland
Land Ownership in 1618 
 
109
County Donegal,Ireland
County Donegal,Ireland
Ramelton 
 
110
County Tyrone, Ireland
County Tyrone, Ireland
Castle at Newtown-Stewart

Aughentaine Castle, in Aghintain Townland, was built in 1618 by Sir William Stewart. In 1622 it is was described as a large Castle of Lyme & Stone, strong & defencible...about it is a Bawne of lyme & stone, 211foot long, 112 foot broad & 10 foot high, with Flanckers". Only fragments of this 17th century fortified house remain. It was destroyed in 1641 and never rebuilt. The west wall stands to full height and there are some fireplaces at the higher levels. The building was three storeys high plus attic. The main block is aligned E-W and is about 17m by 10m externally.

A wing about 6m square projects from the middle of the north wall. In the angle between this wing and the W portion of the main building there is a fine Scottish-type corbel, with 12 courses of corbels. This carries the remains of a circular stairwell which rises from first floor level.


 
 
111
County Tyrone, Ireland
County Tyrone, Ireland
Castle at Newtown-Stewart

On the Mount-Stewart property Sir William Stewart built the great castle of Aughentaine, which was destroyed during the disturbances which broke out in 1641.  
 
112
County Tyrone, Ireland
County Tyrone, Ireland
Castle at Newtown-Stewart

On the Mount-Stewart property Sir William Stewart built the great castle of Aughentaine, which was destroyed during the disturbances which broke out in 1641.  
 
113
Craig Roller Mill, Toby Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Craig Roller Mill, Toby Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Washington Adams Craig, Proprietor  
 
114
Craig's Mill
Craig's Mill
Licking Creek, Clarion County, Pennsylvania 
 
115
Cranberry Township, Crawford County, Ohio
Cranberry Township, Crawford County, Ohio
Sunday morning on the farm of James and Mary Katherine Laeng McCarthy. Left to right; Aloysius Fidelis, Clement Bernard, Edward Florence, Joseph Peter Rhein and Frederick Ingatius. 
 
116
Culcreuch Castle, Stirling, Scotland
Culcreuch Castle, Stirling, Scotland
Culcreuch Castle is a fine imposing former fortalice located in an impressive setting in the Campsie Fells near Stirling in Central Scotland. Overlooking the larger of its private lochs, surrounded by parkland grounds and exotic trees and with the steeply wooded hillside behind, it has stood for the first four centuries of its life as the ancestral home of the Clan Galbraith.

The main part of the Castle comprises a Mediaeval Tower with a Georgian wing added later.

The earliest parts date from the time of Maurice Galbraith (circa 1320), the Tower being completed by James Galbraith (10th Chief) by 1460, its walls over 5' 6" thick in places.

 
 
117
Curllsvile, Clarion County, Pennsylvania.
Curllsvile, Clarion County, Pennsylvania.
Early view of Curllsville's Main Street showing Sheridan House. The first hewn log house in what is now Clarion County was erected in Curllsville in the early 1790's by John and Henry Benn. Many of the town lots were laid out from the Benn brother's farm.

A daily line of stage coaches, known as the "Rockaway" dawn by four horses traveled between Clarion and Kittanning. The trip, made once each day, required a changes of horses at the Sheridan house barn operated by Dan Hamm.

Some of the early occupations in the village were: stove makers, shoe makers, furniture and undertaking, a tin shop, wagon shop, brick maker, pottery, flour mill and saw mill.

This photo is linked to John Franklin Pierce Benn a descendant of John Benn. 
 
118
Death Notice of Eleanor McElhenny Boyles
Death Notice of Eleanor McElhenny Boyles
Following Eleanor's death, her daughter Hannah Jane Boyles McKinney and her husband Anthony moved into the Boyle's house in Sligo, Clarion County, Pennsylvania. See Atlas of Sligo Borough, circa 1878. 
 
119
Deed transferring lot #578 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania from William Liggins to Lieutenant William Stewart on October 5, 1788.
Deed transferring lot #578 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania from William Liggins to Lieutenant William Stewart on October 5, 1788.
 
 
120
Dimple Marie Beer
Dimple Marie Beer
(1899-1966) 
 
121
DNA Report Joseph Philip Rhein
DNA Report Joseph Philip Rhein
This is a a detailed report on the three DNA tests and detailed commentary thereon. Also references to several sites containing names of individuals who have taken the DNA tests and may be related. 
 
122
DNA Report-Test Big Y
DNA Report-Test Big Y
Explanation of the Big Y test by Family Tree 
 
123
Donald Eugene McKinney
Donald Eugene McKinney
(1927-2007) 
 
124
Dr. John B Miller and May Leone Hutchinson
Dr. John B Miller and May Leone Hutchinson
 
 
125
Dutch Hill, Perry Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Dutch Hill, Perry Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
This is a photo taken in July 1999 on the farm land in Dutch Hill, Perry Township, Clarion County initially owned by William Stewart II (1779-1825). The view is to the Northwest with the Allegheny River in the valley below the hills in the background. 
 
126
Elizabeth Jane Mullins
Elizabeth Jane Mullins
 
 
127
Elizabeth Louella Stewart
Elizabeth Louella Stewart
(1868-1940) 
 
128
Elizabeth Stewart
Elizabeth Stewart
(1832-1890) 
 
129
Ella Rebecca Balliet
Ella Rebecca Balliet
 
 
130
Elmer P. Walls
Elmer P. Walls
(1864-1937) 
 
131
Emerick Family History by John Emerick, 1938.
Emerick Family History by John Emerick, 1938.
 
 
132
Eva Marie McKinney
Eva Marie McKinney
(1895-1967) 
 
133
Falling Springs (August 29, 1999)
Falling Springs (August 29, 1999)
In his will dated August 7, 1751, Benjamin Gass, among other things, left land in Falling Springs, in then Cumberland County, Province of Pennsylvania, to each of his two sons and further allowed that the mill (fulling) and plantation be rented out to the best advantage.  
 
134
Frank Polliard and Ben Phillips.
Frank Polliard and Ben Phillips.
 
 
135
Frederick Roy McKinney
Frederick Roy McKinney
(1886-1959) 
 
136
Frederick Roy McKinney and Kathern Mildred Beer
Frederick Roy McKinney and Kathern Mildred Beer
Sligo, Clarion County, Pennsylvania 
 
137
Gary Stephen McKinney
Gary Stephen McKinney
(1952-2008) 
 
138
Gas Station in Sligo, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
Gas Station in Sligo, Clarion County, Pennsylvania
This station was built by George Williams shown in the photo. The station is presently owned by Ame Lerch.  
 
139
George Edward Williams
George Edward Williams
Arlington Cemetery 
 
140
George Edward Williams and Anna May Miller
George Edward Williams and Anna May Miller
 
 
141
George Washington Covenanter Squatters
George Washington Covenanter Squatters
Richard Alan Stewart in his book "Pennsylvania Footprints, A Stewart-Buente Family History", 2002, speculated that Lieutenant William Stewart (1738-1811) may be the same William Stewart, et al, against whom General George Washington brought eviction proceedings, asserting that they were illegal squatters on his holding of 2,813 acres in Washington County, Pennsylvania. 
 
142
Grist Mill
Grist Mill
Grist Mill in Sligo. It was built by
JB Miller in 1879. It sat on Route 58 just outside of Sligo on the road to Callensburg. It burned down in the late 1980's 
 
143
Hanna Jane Boyles
Hanna Jane Boyles
(1834-1915) 
 
144
Hannah Cinderelle Shadle
Hannah Cinderelle Shadle
(1783-1869) 
 
145
Harold Eugene McKinney
Harold Eugene McKinney
1928 - 1989 
 
146
Harry Cecil Stewart
Harry Cecil Stewart
 
 
147
Harry Stewart
Harry Stewart
 
 
148
Hartmans, Reichards and Stewarts
Hartmans, Reichards and Stewarts
Brady Sheldon Stewart and Catherine "Kitty" Reichard are on the far left. The first three boys on the far right are their sons: the tall boy is Art Stewart, to his left is his
brother Don, and in front of Art is his other brother Galen.

The man holding the baby in the center of the picture is David Howard Hartman. His wife is to his left, Olive Maude Reichard, sister of Catherine. David and Olive had 10 children, seven born before 1910, the estimated date of this picture. David Howard is holding Elsie Elizabeth and to his right is Lottie Belle. In the first row left to right are; Myrna Paulene, Grace Leanore and Elsie Elizabeth. The two Hartman boys on the far right are Russel Rowland and Herman Reichard. In the center are the Reichard grandparents, Washington Reichard and Pauline Whitmore.


 
 
149
Harvey McCain Craig
Harvey McCain Craig
With unknown horses. 
 
150
Headstone of Allen Stewart (1840-1912) and Lydia Bucilla Males (1836-1908)
Headstone of Allen Stewart (1840-1912) and Lydia Bucilla Males (1836-1908)
Status: Located; Concord Cemetery, Perry Township, Clarion County, Pennsylvania 
 

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»



This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Copyright © 2001-2006, created by Darrin Lythgoe, Sandy, Utah. All rights reserved.